lunes, 6 de junio de 2011

We are now in the second week here in Guatemala. Its raining really hard here and I dont´t have an umbrella. Warning to all you future junior journey members bring an UMBRELLA!!!!! Or else you will get soaking wet. lol. But besides that everything is going well so far. Teaching with the kids has been a blast and they are so smart. Especially this one kid named Brayon. He´s so quiet but really smart. I wonder if I can push him alittle more; giving him more challenging problems. But hey, I have to go to San Pedro soon and lets see what goes on. The kids are really hyper when recess comes by. But when you look closely some of the kids are playing soccer, others are playing ¨jumprope¨and others especially the older girls are doing there own thing. But when you look closely enough alot of it will have some similarites with PHA. On Saturday we went up to Volcano Pacaya. It was cool but I would advise all of you future junior journey members to bring 100 Quetzales to ride the horses. I personally took a horse because that hike was serious and I don´t regret taking it, because it was relaxing and nice. On Sunday we went to the lake and it was also fun. On our way back the teachers stopped the boat and jumped right off. That was crazy but it seemed fun. I didn´t jump because I can´t swim and I wasn´t feeling too well. OOO yea, I almost forgot, on our way up to the mountains we saw alot of stray dogs. Alot of them were females because you can see the nipples hanging out which means they might have recently given birth. Alot of us gave food and water to them. Some of us even named them. When I get another chance to write on the blog, I will post some pictures to show you guys the beautiful things I´ve seen. I also learned that this week the kids are taking there final exams and they have to pay for it. Wow!

No hay comentarios.: