lunes, 6 de junio de 2011

First Week in the Guats

My first week here was pretty good. It was a bit boring except for teaching and playing with the kids. I really love the kids, they're pretty much all I really care about at this point. They're really sweet and fun and adorable. I have to admit I do play favorites and I have a few favorites like William, Gaby, Karen, Luis, and Brayan. Oh, and Ivan. And Kenia... And Cristy. Okay, lots of favorites. I just really enjoy them all. Seeing and meeting people on this trip has really made me rethink the way I prioritize. I feel like I've become a lit more focused and motivated. I've grown so attached to the kids and it sucks to think that they're never going to have the same opportunity as I do to go to college and move on and make a better life for themselves. It really made me appreciate what I have back home and what really matters in life. It has also pushed me to try to be the best teacher I can be because those kids deserve it.
Aside from that, I really like Antigua. It's nice here and it's been a pretty good trip so far. Especially the trip to the lake; that was really fun. I am just starting to get a tad bit homesick though...just a bit. I miss my sister and my mom and my brother and my hot showers. And my Macbook...especially that. But anyhoo I've written a lot so more later...

No hay comentarios.: