lunes, 6 de junio de 2011

One Week So Fast

It´s been a week and two days since we arrived at Guatemala. I have to say Guatemala is a great city and friendly. I´m already Latina but just cause I am doesn´t mean I´m not learning anything in my spanish classes! I have learned a bunch of new vocabulary and new ways tos ay things that I didn´t know how to before. There are plenty of words that I found new ways to say. I´m glad I decided to embark on this journey. The weekend was pretty cool. I climb a volcano, how many people say that? While many used horses I climb all the way up without it, I was so proud of myself. On Sunday we took a boat across the lake and could do different activities. However, I couldn´t go kayaking like I wanted but it was still pretty cool. The boat stop in the middle of the lake and we could jump up and everything. It was awesome. The best part of this trip has been the kids. I love my class. I´ve been learning their names and I´m almost there. To learn the girls names is a little more difficult because they don´t speak. I know almost all the guys and a few girls. They are really ¨traviesos¨ but they are really good kids. Everyone says I´m making a change in their lives. However, in reality they are changing my life. They will always be a part of my life. My host family is adorable. The little girl is ¨un encanto¨ and is so nice and always wants to play with me. My host mom is great to talk to. Tamarra is a good roomate and is funny while she´s trying to learn spanish. Ping pong is so much fun here and we do competitions all the time while we can. I love my teacher Vicky, we talk about everything. I have two more weeks here in Guatemala which seems like a long time but really isn´t. I hope to make the best of it and it to make the best of me. I´ll blog soon hopefully about new experiences.

No hay comentarios.: