jueves, 2 de junio de 2011

Houston we have warm water!!

Woo Hoo so the Guats(Guatemala) is the shizzles. I love it here! My host mother can cook and she´s super nice. I was so nervous thje first day about my teacher and the 4 hours of one on one time we would have to spend together, but after meeting him I wasn´t. His name is Domingo and by far he is the BEST Maestro in that place. I feel like I´ve learned more spanish with his in 3 days than I would in 2 weeks at PHA (not to dismiss PHA´s spanish system). He´s really sweet and is so welcoming. As for teachig in San Pedro I had a HORRIBLE first day the kids were so routy and mean they even called us names. On the second day though it was amazing!! I´ve grown on the kids and the kids are growing on me! They´re so eager to learn and will sometimes call me over to check their work or pronunciations of a word or phrase. I went to the mercado with my teacher the other day and realized how sucky America is. All of the fruits and vegetables were normal size and tasted so fresh!! Everything is just so fresh here it kind of reminds me of Haiti. but cleaner. I´m excited for the rest of the trip. the kids, the food, the sites, and the bargoning (at the market). Oh and by the way we have warm water!!!

No hay comentarios.: