miércoles, 15 de junio de 2011

Last Teaching Day at San Pedro :(

Today was the last day we got to teach at San Pedro. I planned to just play review games with the kids the whole time so that we could finish up with something fun. I wanted to make it special because I really love my kids and I wanted to make them happy on our last day so I also brought candy for them. The teacher asked me to end the class ten minutes early and I assumed it was because she needed the class for something else. But at 9:50 the class put two chairs at the back of the room and made like a little stage space where they performed for us. They danced to a song that they would dance to when they were even younger and they showed us some coreographed dances and they sang to us. Some of them also stood up to tell us that they appreciated what we had taught them and to wish us luck. I cried when it came time to say bye to Brayan, a student that I had grown very close to and that gave us a very special thank you in which he said he hoped God would help us on whatever path we chose to take and thank you for what we have taught him and a lot of beautiful words coming from a 9 year old. He is very special to me and it hurts to leave him and the rest of the students who I am also very close to and love very much. Some of them made cards and some sang to us. It was a really hard day for me because I really don't want to say good bye. They've made this trip so much more worthwhile for me and I hope that they all grow up to live the happiest lives because they are the greatest kids I've ever met. They deserve so much.

No hay comentarios.: