jueves, 11 de junio de 2009

Volcán Pacaya

Hot. Hot. All I can say is wow. I couldn´t belive how beautiful it was up that volcano. I thought that the volcano would be a lot harder to climb, but it wasn´t. The climb started out with a lot of fog and intense nervousness which slowly decreased and then turned into complete excitement. When we started to climb the small slope to the volcano, I began to get a little tired, which was so sad concidering the fact that we hadn´t started to climb the actual volcano, but like we say at home it was "all good" because I came through in the end. To tell the truth though, we all came through in the end because we didn´t rent a horse and we all made it up and down the valcano. For most of the climb I felt like I was hiking in circles through an endless abyss of trees, I was so excited to trudge my way up the last rocky slope and make it to the top. It was funny because I was singing "Eye of the Tiger" in my head all the way to the top and I felt like Rocky when I finished. At the top I was so confused, because I felt the heat but I couldn´t see the lava. I couldn´t see the lava, because people were ahead of me and because I´m vertical challenged I couldn´t see anything. I walked towards the heat and lava, like a smarty I know,so that I could see the blazing of marshmellows and the burning of sticks.
Speaking of sticks, at the beginning of the trip before we began to climb, a bunch of kids crowded up to us in order to rent a stick the second we got of the van; it was the funniest thing though. It was kind of like watching a swarm of bees attack a huge flower.
Anyways back to burning stuff. When I aproached the lava my feet began to get very hot; I kinda thought that my shoes were melting but they weren´t. Because it was getting dark we had to return down the volcano really fast. On my way down I fell twice but I thought it was so fun I didn´t care. That also was exciting because we sang songs all the way down, and on the ride home everyone was sound asleep, except me of course.

No hay comentarios.: