jueves, 11 de junio de 2009

Volcán Pacaya

Volcán Pacaya was a struggle for me. I don´t think I´ve ever sweated so much in my life. It was the biggest workout of my life. I thought that it wouldn´t be much of a struggle because of how much hiking I did at Lago Atitlán, but it wasn´t at all. Although it was extremely difficult I still had a wonderful time, especially the feeling I had after I was completely done with all my hiking. I felt as if there was a new person inside of me. Besides the post-hiking, the experience of hiking up the volcano and seeing the volcano overall was amazing. The hiking was amazing because although I was feeling completely out of it, I felt really good knowing that I was accomplishing something physically that I had never done before.
The Volcano was surreal. When I saw the lava I almost wanted to touch it, because I thought it wasn´t for real. Also I found it unbelievable that it was actually so hot from the way it looked. My feet were blazing while I was admiring the lava calmly spurring out of the volcano. Overall, I suggest this experience to many because it´s truly unforgettable.



By Rachelle Charles

1 comentario:

Betsy Bowman dijo...

Wow! Congratulations on surviving the big Volcan! You'll never forget that experience!

- Ms B