miércoles, 3 de junio de 2009

Torn Between the Kids in San Pedro

So it´s the third day teaching, and I´m teaching a different class for the third time. It´s always fun though because they get really into it. So I´m teaching with Maegan, and we look outside and there is one of the pre-kindergarden students, Florecita, and she´s just standing there staring at me with a really sad face.Then I went outside and as soon as I got out there she jumped on me and hugged me, and asked why I was not teaching her class.I explained to her the best I could what the schedule was like.Then while the kids were coloring(we had kindergarden today) some of the third graders came by and asked why they had no teacher and why I wasn´t teaching anymore. I felt kind of bad because there are 13 classes of San Pedro Students,and only 8 PHA teaching pairs. It´s so strange to actually see what a teaching shortage looks like and to hear all these little kids call me Seño Leti (instead of Arely). It´s soo much fun, and San Pedro seems like the coolest place ever. It reminds me a lot of the place where I´m from in Guatemala. I know I´d never want to be a teacher, but for now this is fun and it actually seems important.

No hay comentarios.: