viernes, 12 de junio de 2009

Chicken and Rooster

One memorable thing that happened in Guatemala during my teaching experience: The day was beautiful and the kids were full of energy as always. I started teaching them the names of the animals in English. I said "tiger" and they repeated "tiger". I said "dog" and they repeated "dog". It was going great until I got to the picture of a "chicken". I said "rooster" and they looked at my teaching partner Kevin and he told them "chicken". They all looked back at me and said "chicken". I repeated "rooster" and they all screamed at me "chicken". I continued to repeat "rooster" and they kept on repeating "rooster". Since then, the students always say "chicken" at me and I keep saying "rooster". It was great. Half of the class now says "chicken" and the other half says "rooster". So in the end they learned two vocabulary words and it also split the class in two.

By Karlrick Laforest

No hay comentarios.: