lunes, 15 de junio de 2009

My Short Bike Ride

On Saturday we went on a bike ride. Going into it I was split between confident and not so confident. I hadn't ridden a bike in a long time so I wasn't really sure about how I was going to do. I wasn't sure if I would even make it down the block. But I thought let me just take a crack at it and so I did. I was doing so well on the bike ride. I felt as if I was riding like one of the boys. As we kept on going on our ride I kept having difficulties with my bike: the front brake was a little questionable, I wasn't sure how to rearrange my gears, and the bike was too short. After getting almost half way towards our destination I like gave up. The bike was giving me problems and I was hurting everyone so I gave Ms. Powell my bike and got in the pick-up that had been following us the whole way. After getting off I was a little disappointed in myself because I gave up, but then I thought, 'I should be proud of myself. I just rode a couple miles on my bike after so many years of not riding a bike.' So in the end I feel great about my bike ride even though it was shorter than many other peoples’ ride.

By Rachelle Charles

No hay comentarios.: