viernes, 25 de mayo de 2012

Weird Dreams In A New Place

So far, both nights I´ve been in Guatemala, I´ve have really crazy dreams. The first night, I dreamt about working in a large white house where I had to help these people by picking big white, glowing flowers that grew on a hill next to the house, and the second night, I dreamt about having crazy parties where people dressed in gorilla suits danced around beige rooms with campfires.
For me, dreams only come when I can get ample sleep, and can find peace in my own head. And thus far, Guate has been like this, and I´ve found that I am relaxed yet also hyperaware of everything around me. The streets are beautiful, the houses are so colorful, and the people seem so nice.
 My host family is super adorable, and extremely accomadating to my weirdness/awkwardness and also dietary needs. The father, Obdulio, is very sweet, and the mama, Ingrid, is also amazing. Talia and I have met the daughter and one of the sons, and they´re pretty awesome as well.
Nonetheless, Guate is great so far, and I hope to have some more bizarre dreams to report.
-Poppy

No hay comentarios.: