jueves, 31 de mayo de 2012

Teaching

So a lot of my friends know that I am a very shy person. I am very afraid of public speaking, and when I do I get very shaky and nervous. This was why teaching the kids in San Pedro seemed so scary. I did not think that I would be able to stand in front of twenty or thirty kids and teach them, especially not in another language. But I knew that these kids really wanted to learn English, and so it had to be done. The eagerness of my students, along with the support from my peers and my teachers, helped push me towards the confidence I needed in order to teach. The first day of teaching was shaky, but it definitely gets better with each class. I am lucky because I have an amazing class who want to learn and are quick at it. I feel like I am learning too while I am teaching them, because they correct me when I say something incorrectly in Spanish. I love my students and their desire to learn because that is why I am here in Guatemala.

Adel Andemeskel

No hay comentarios.: