jueves, 31 de mayo de 2012

My Birthday in Guatamala

Hola. I was lucky enough to have my birthday be in Guatemala! I am the first of four consecutive days. After me it is Christina then Milly and then Nehmie. Having a birthday in a foreign country is beyond amazing. I woke up to my room mate Adel squishing me with the biggest smile on her face yelling happy birthday. It was adorable. Then i had french toast for breakfast and my amazing host mom had three little presents for me, my favorite of which was the necklace that was supposed to keep all of the bad away and stay forever happy. She is fantastic. Then i went to school per usual and our u.s. teachers gave me a card they had all signed with a chocolate croissant. Yum my favorite. When i sat down for lessons my teacher said happy birthday and gave me this necklace with beautiful stones. I felt so lucky. As i was sitting there chucho came over and stood there with a grin and i looked behind me and saw the entire school come over and sing me happy birthday with Sophie dancing around me. I had the biggest smile in the world on and i think it may have been one of the best happy birthday songs ive ever gotten. I went shopping with my teacher in the local market that day and later played Spanish scrabble. Me and Talia only lost to the teachers by 20 which is not to shabby considering they are native speakers. We got our hair wrapped at lunch which was something i used to do when i was younger so it was really nice to remember that. I had the usual teaching and at the end Nicole had them sing happy birthday too me. I almost died it was so cute and so sweet of Nicole to think of that.I called my parents later and although it was hard because i really miss them it was definitely worth it to hear them say happy birthday. Later that night we watched the playoff! Not only was I in another country but i also got to watch the celtics. Woah. Somewhere around 7 they tried to surprise me with a cake but someone saying "we get a cake?!" slightly ruined the surprise aspect. I did not care though because i was surprised anyways plus it was chocolate cake which is never the wrong kind. I adore chocolate. For the rest of the night we played street soccer and watched the game. It didn't even matter that the celtics lost in overtime by less then 5 points because nothing could ruy¡in that birthday. It was by far one of the best i will ever have.

Kira

No hay comentarios.: