domingo, 27 de mayo de 2012

Hey everyone!
So far the past few days in Guatemala have been great. My feet hurt from a combination of playing soccer on concrete barefoot, mosquito bites and the twenty minute walk I take from my house to Sevilla and back atleast six times a day. Yes, I do have bug bites on my feet. Besides that I feel like this trip has been life changing so far even though we have only been here five days. The kids at the school in San Pedro love everyone and the younger kids love being picked up for some reason. There was one girl who took a picture with almost everyone in the group holding her. I can't wait to see their reaction to their freshly painted school. My teaching experience so far has been interesting. Everytime Josh and I walk into our classrooms the kids cheer and the girls giggle...at Josh.We get through a lesson and all the kids want to do is play soccer. It's amazing to see them have fun with anything where as back home kids need so much to entertain themselves with. I feel like all of our one on one Spanish lessons have really been helping us. My teacher is really nice to talk to because I feel like we can talk about anything for hours. Not to mention her laugh is the best thing I have ever heard. I can't wait to spend more time here.

Yasmine Naama

No hay comentarios.: