lunes, 28 de mayo de 2012

Host Family

This is the first time I´m living with a host family. In my host house there is a host mother and her host daughter. My roomate Kira and I have become so close to our host mom that we have started to call her Mama. She was so happy and welcoming when we arrived to her house from the airport. I thought that things would be awkward between us for at least the first few days, but she left no room for awkwardness. She kept asking us questions after questions about our family and life in the United States. She sits with us every meal each day and talks to us about her day and asks us about ours. She also helps us with our Spanish when we are stuck. She loves dramatic movies and her three parakeets (we hear her cooing at them all the time!), and she is byfar the cutest lady I have ever met. What I love most about her is that she knows that we are in a country very different from the United States and she has tried her to best to make us as comfortable as we can be. She is absolutely amazing, and I hope that I meet more people like her throughout this trip.

Adel Andemeskel

2 comentarios:

Betsy Bowman dijo...

I love this story Adel! I'm sure you and Kira will learn so much with her. Don't forget to ask HER lots of questions too about her life growing up!

- Ms Bowman

G. Van Houten dijo...

Adel (and all),

These stories are very entertaining - keep them coming.

-Mr. Van Houten