jueves, 31 de mayo de 2012

Aside from the multiple fevers and stomach pains, I have to say, all has been great. Yesterday I was bed-ridden for the entire day which was not fun at all. The kids are crazy, but I miss teaching them, they're a lot of fun. They like to comment on my hair a lot, and the girls like to giggle and not respond to any of my questions, which is weird, but I guess it's kind of cute. Some of the teachers at the spanish school have taken to calling me "Justin Bieber," which is kind of amusing because whenever I walk into a room they start singing. I have pretty much adapted to that and have learned to respond to "Justin" in a pretty thick accent. Overall I love this place. Everything is so cheap. I got gifts for friends and family and still have tons left over. Also I found a pair of fake Ray Ban sunglasses for 30 quetzales (about 4 dollars) which made me quite happy. Aside from all those things, I really appreciate the time I have with my teachers, and I wish I had more time with the kids. They have some sort of standardized testing, similar to MCAS, which made it so me and Poppy havn't been able to teach until today. Which sucks. It turns into a lot of sitting around. And aside from that, I really like these kids. I like seeing them try to say words like "mouth" and "teeth" listening to them makes me realize how I probably sounded like in my first year of spanish. A lot of the kids are really shy and are afraid of pronouncing something wrong. It's so adorable. Well besides all this, everythings been good. I'm enjoying my time, I guess i miss my family a little. We got to watch the Celtics lose last, which annoyed me, but it's all good. Hopefully next time I write on here I will have taught a little bit more, and have a cute picture of me and a little cute Gautemalan. That's all for now. So adios.
-Justin (Andrew McCrady)

No hay comentarios.: