jueves, 31 de mayo de 2012

Earings, Teaching, and Soccer

Guatemala is amazing. i love walking the streets of Antigua, I can't picture myself going back home, it seems weird to think of living in my big house and walking to Davis Sq. where the culture is so different. I love the markets as well, bargining with people is so much fun. I'm having a problem with buying earings though. I've already bought 6 pairs for myself! I'm obsessed. Teaching has gone really well with the kids as well, they remembered all the vocab we taught them. Sometimes it's a little difficult teaching 6th grade because they point out when I don't speak spanish correctly, whereas the little kids just look at you weird when you say something that doesn't make sense. However,today I talked a bit with this girl who kept asking me how to say words in english. I love how the kids want to learn, and it's nice to talk to them, they like to ask questions about my life and soccer teams. Speaking of soccer we've been playing a bit a barefoot soccer in sevilla which has been soooooo much fun! I can't wait until our game when we play the teachers, I really want ot win but I don't have high hopes because apparently the teachers win every year. I can feel my relationship growing with my own teacher from sevilla as well, and some of the other teachers too. They're so much fun to joke around with and talk to.
-Talia Aronson

No hay comentarios.: