jueves, 31 de mayo de 2012

Sad Feelings When Leaving San Pedro

The school that we all teach in is called San Pedro a tiny town in Guatemala. I teach a 2nd grade class with another partner. Everyday at 3:00 I get so exicted for recess with the little kids. Then when the bell rings at 3:30 I become even more excited because I am able to start teaching. During class the kids always end up making little cards for us saying *Le Quiero Mucho* *I love you so much*. The kids probably dont realize how much I appreciate the little notes.
I have made a connection with the kids already, I know how some of them learn, I know what they like and what they dont like. I know what makes them excited and I know what calms them down. So much happens in class that makes me feel like I can spend hours with them without getting tired of any of them. They are all amazing kids that deserve a great education. They appreciate so much, and they are so enthusiastic to learn. It puts an even bigger smile on my face. And once that clock hits 4:30 I become so reluctant to leave, I say my goodbyes and end up hanging out with them a little while after until the teachers and my partner try chasing me down. Then I walk away still looking back from time to time until I cant see their waving hands anymore thinking about what they next day is going to be like.

-Rachelle Biennestin

No hay comentarios.: