viernes, 25 de mayo de 2012

I´m here!

 So I am finally in Guatemala. I cannot believe it. The plane ride was the most scary part of this trip for me because i am deathly afraid of them. Never the less i made it and i am so happy i did. When i got to Guatemala all i could do was jump up and down and smile. Granted that may have been because i was finally off of the plane after what seemed like hours of traveling, but still, it was amazing.
 We got on the "fire bus" and drove through Guatemala city. It reminded me a little bit of Boston. Now that the plane trip was over i was nervous to see my host family because i didn't know if i could communicate well enough or if we would get along. I couldn't be happier. She is probably the cutest thing i have ever seen in my whole life. I felt so at home and Adel is the best roommate i could ask for, we get along so well. It is amazing how quickly you form a bond with someone you live with even if it is just a couple days.
 The only problem was that our room was filled with bugs. We hate bugs. We will survive though, our family and the food is beyond worth it. Already i am starting to speak Spanish instead of English without even realizing it and i surprised myself with how easily i could hold a conversation. I am having so much fun and even though i do really miss home this is definitely worth it.
-Kira

No hay comentarios.: