jueves, 31 de mayo de 2012

It's been a little over a week, and...

I love the atmosphere here.
It's so relaxed (unless you're intensly bargaining) and everyone is very friendly. People seem to smile on the streets and greet each other much more.
My teacher, Cristina, is also very friendly, and filled with jokes, a good sense of humor, and wit. When we walk around the town, she greets everyone she knows with a big yell and smile, and then while we talk she is always making the best faces- like a goofy grin, or a 'what-are-you-doing-Poppy?' face. Honestly, learning from her has been an experience in itself- she is awesome.
In fact, most of the teachers are pretty nice, too. Sometimes during break we all get together to talk and laugh.
My host family is even more adorable now than they were when we first arrived. Talia and I have also met the sons and daughter of the family and gotten to know them a bit better. They dance (mostly salsa, but other types , too) and are amazing at it.Once, after dinner, Talia and I went in the front room to watch Geovanni and Wale (brother and sister) dance, and they moved so swiftly and beautifully. They make me wish I could dance as well as them!
We also all (for the most part) got these things in our hair, where they wrap strings around pieces of your hair... I forget what it's called. But they're awesome- I love putting stuff in my hair.

So yeah, Guatemala has been a wonderful experience thus far, and even though the days don't seem to zap by that quickly, it appears that we are on day eight of our trip. Hopefully, the next two weeks don't go by fast, too!
-Poppy

1 comentario:

binshka dijo...

Sounds really, really great, thanks for keeping us posted
Danielle