domingo, 2 de junio de 2013

Overview of my first six days

Antigua, Guatemala is a very comforting city. In fact I have never felt this comfortable, even back home. Being here has made me find the humble Meryem in me. Interacting with my students and seeing their living conditions has helped me mature and become more willing to help others, rather than helping myself first. Seeing how happy and eager my third graders were to learn has helped me appreciate my school and what I do not often take advantage of, like office hours. After helping build a home in San Pedro and connecting with the families that live there, I've noticed that they literally have nothing to be happy about, but still continue to smile and remain positive. It is my sixth day in Antigua and I am not looking forward to leaving. Being here has helped me have an idea of what I want to major in, and I am very excited to start my second journey.


Meryem Boujane

No hay comentarios.: