domingo, 2 de junio de 2013

Day 1 Introduction

Day 1
So once we got to Guatemala, I was excited to meet my new family and really experience Guatemala. My family consists of a Mom and a Dad with their kids which is misleading because they are both 20 years old. Marco (My host dad) is very funny and is always trying to include Rockens and I into the conversations. Lennin is doing fine holding his converations, but at times Rockens and I need Marco to light up the conversation. Marco works in an office and his family has a bakery so we always get fresh french bread or cookies. Maria knows a lot about Guatemala and is always telling us little fun facts about Guatemala. They have been hosting families for 20 YEARS, but have never had boys so that was cool. In addition, Maria is a great cook. Each day, we get something new and it is always good...especially the soup. Pedro and Monica live at the house, but are not always, but they are very nice. Our house is also nice seeing that we have great view of the volcanoes that surround us and all 3 of us have our own room and wifi. After seeing our house, we went to back to the Sevilla Spanish Academy where we met our teachers. Domingo (my teacher) is a very nice man who is always teaching me new words and talking about different parts of history and foods that shape Guatemala and make Guatemala so unique. My Spanish is already improving and im trying to immerse myself even more. That day was very intersting and was an auspicious start to the Guatemala experience.

- Joshua A.


No hay comentarios.: