domingo, 2 de junio de 2013

first few days...

Today is our 6th day in Guatemala and already it's starting to feel like home, either from the great hospitality that my host family has shown me or the sheer amount of new experiences I've had in the past couple of days. I already feel right at home in Antigua. That being said, the beautiful views of the surrounding mountains and volcanoes literally scraping the clouds, the old ancient buildings and churches, and friendliness that strangers show each other here blows my mind every day. Although I feel comfortable in Guatemala, every day is a new adventure. Whether I'm observing the beautiful alfombras in the small mountain city of Patzun celebrating Corpus Cristi or trying a random Guatemalan soda, everything feels new but also strangely familiar. My life back home seems almost like a dream or a distant memory compared to what every day is like here. It's incredible, especially since I've never left the country before. This is my first time outside of the US and I am already feeling immersed in a new culture, mostly due to how nice the people of Guatemala are. If I can say the number one thing I like so far about Guatemala, I would have to say how nice, open, and hospitable the people of this country are, especially compared to Boston. It's almost like I'm on a completely different planet.

No hay comentarios.: