domingo, 2 de junio de 2013

Finalmente en mi pais Guatemala!!!!

To be in Guatemala has to be the best experience that has ever happened to me in my life. I still can't believe that I am here in my country after 16 years. I almost cried when I saw the landscape. I am happy about writing these blogs because I want our stories to be remembered and seen through our perspectives. But to be here, I was fascinated with almost everything that I saw. The people, the city, the cars, the restaurants, and the stores. I love Antigua; it is starting to feel like home. My house family is nice, I like them.Every time at dinner we laugh. I have a house mom, dad, aunt, sister, and cousin. Although it seems big they are actually quiet and give us our privacy which is nice.

The second day that we came we went to San Pedro to the school to meet our students. We were given a show which was the most adorable thing ever. The little kids were so adorable in their costumes!!! The 1st graders, the boys had on white traditional Mayan suits and drew on mustaches and beards! The little girls had on white dresses long and flowy! They were singing and dancing, it was so adorable. Then one of my students played La Marimba which was so great and amazing at how talented he was at it. The sixth graders also  gave us a Mayan traditional dance with corn and candles which was great because I learned more about the culture. The most emotional part for me was when all the kids were singing the national anthem. What surprised me the most was how the school preserves their Guatemalan culture and country pride.

The first thing that I wanted to do was just learn tradition, rituals, habits, customs, history, and the lifestyle of Guatemala.

-Martely

No hay comentarios.: