domingo, 2 de junio de 2013

Guatemalan Fairytale

              We've been here for 6 days now and yes it is completely eye opening, but for some reason it seems so... unreal. I've heard about people who live in poverty and its always been a really sad story but everyone here is so happy and grateful. It hasn't hit me yet. The fact that many people are poor is true but seems just like part of the story - I want to truely feel sorry or grateful and don't just want to say I do. Hopefully... actually, I know I will feel this feeling on this trip and when I do I want to use what I learn and really apply it to my life rather than use it for a little amout of time and go back to my own ways. I want to feel the truth that lies beneath the surface; Sincerly and whole heartedly and I hope this is the place where I learn.
                                                                                                             -Whitney 

No hay comentarios.: