domingo, 2 de junio de 2013

Host Parents,

The idea of leaving my parents and my moms cooking is really scary to me. I know that I am only used to eating my moms cooking, because she knows what I like to eat and what I do not like. The thought of me eating food thats not from my mom is even more scary. When I arrived here in Antigua and saw my host parents I said to myself that it´s going to be a long three weeks. When they showed my roommates and myself our rooms I said to myself ok it´s not so bad. After they showed me my room they gave me the key to the house and my room. Then dinner came and I thought that what if I don´t like it, what do I do? Maria, my host mother, placed in front of me a small bowl of soup, some white rice and bread. I gave everything a chance and ended up liking it. Throughout the week so far the food such as breakfast, lunch, and dinner have progressed towards the good direction. In the dining room Marco, host father, and Maria speak spanish and Marco speaks and understands a little bit of English. Josh and I have Lennin to translate a few words that I don´t understand. We speak like we´ve been living there for a long time because we all have something to say or contribute to the conversations. So far being here in Guatemala has slightly improved from ok to better.
                                                                                                                                    Rockens

No hay comentarios.: