viernes, 14 de junio de 2013

Last Day With my 4th Graders

Dear whoever is reading this,

Today was our last day in San Pedro. It was really sad for me, but it was also a very happy time. I went into their classroom with nothing in my hands, and they all said Good morning to me as usual. Then I asked them how were they and only a few people replied with I am good like we trained them. I just wanted to visit them before the whole party started, both 4A and 4B, which is me and Karen's class. They were all so happy...it broke my heart a little.

During the party, they got to show their final projects. We didn't really plan out how we were going to show it, but I think it was fine. People got a little annoyed about my volume in the microphone, but hey, it was my kid's moment and I was proud. Afterwards Karen and I went into their classroom with sweets, and got swarmed by the kids with sweets, thanks you cards, and flowers. They were hugging us, telling us goodbye, and saying how much they would miss us. It was such a beautiful moment.... that I cried. I cried so much, and afterwards I left with Karen because she began to cry too. Somehow the kids found us and gave us feel better hugs, which kind of made it worse. I gave my hugs, handed out some candy, and tried to say goodbye to as many people as possible.

This was a sad moment for me, but also a great one. These kids were speaking English to me, and some of them were even using the words that we taught them in the conversations unit. We may be leaving now, but I know that we came come back to the States knowing that Karen and I have taught them something. They know new vocabulary, and they can use them correctly. That makes me proud, and feel too accomplished for words. They also have their packets that Karen and I created for them.... I hope they keep those for a really long time. I will miss these kids.... but I know that I have made my mark, finished my stay, and now it was time for them to move on to new vocabulary and better things. Good luck to all of them, and I am so happy that I was their teacher and could help along with their journey.



With much love,
Garlyn Colas

No hay comentarios.: