martes, 11 de junio de 2013

A better perspective

I am here in Antigua, Guatemala away from home. On the first day that I left home, I didn't think that I would have fun with the thought of the ones I enjoy being around is in the United States, but I am. I didn't think that I would try new food, but I am. I didn't think that I would have a little bit of a stronger bond with the friends I know, but I do. One think I do know is that I would experience a whole new lifestyle with a whole new group of people. Another thing I do know is that I would realize that I can't live the way Guatemalans live because I am accustomed to having access to the things I want.

After the first 7 days went by I started my countdown. People thought I was crazy for starting so soon, but I wanted to start the countdown because I was homesick so early in the trip. Now I'm counting down from 7 days because that's the amount of time I have left, but to tell you the truth, hopefully those 7 days are the best, but I wouldn't want to stay any longer because of my mom and her messages on facebook. I have WiFi at my house and I message my mom in the morning when I wake up and in the evening after dinner.

The upcoming event for Saturday is the climb up Volcano Pacaya and on Sunday we're going to the beach which I am slightly excited for.

Rockens Louis

No hay comentarios.: