domingo, 2 de junio de 2013

Mixed Feelings...I Guess?

    First blog and I don't know what I want to talk about! Many things have happened here; like meeting my host family and trying the food (which is AMAZING) but I don't know what to blog about. I know for a fact that I enjoy being away from home because I'm learning more from being away than my whole family coming with me to Guatemala.

    Personally, I'm sort of surprised that I'm here but part of me isn't completely accepting it yet. I'm not sure why but I think it's because I am just too use to being calm around new surroundings and not "feeling" what I'm seeing. I noticed that many people here are living in broken down houses but I feel like I've seen this before. As a kid, I heard stories about Haiti and how children are living and how I shouldn't take things for granted but I feel no different from just hearing the stories.

    I hope by the end of this trip I'm actually accepted and learned something. Some people here might want to learn about the Guatemalan culture, speak Spanish more, or even just having the experience of being in a foreign country but I just want to know that I've learned how to accept new things and having learned that what I'm seeing isn't just another one of the stories I've heard.


~Nathanielle (aka: Nathy) 

No hay comentarios.: