sábado, 11 de junio de 2016

The Unexpected By Tamika Daniels


Before actually landing in Guatemala I could not believe that I would have the opportunity to teach kids in San Pedro. My partner and I prepared our lessons for many months so we were prepared when it came time to teach our lessons. The kids are so happy to learn and are eager w to say their names in English.


The culture shock that I have experienced has been a way opening my eyes to the Guatemalan culture and all of the different foods. Walking down the street or Calle as we call it in Guatemala.I can the hard working shop owners who keep their doors open from sunrise to sunset. Every minute I spend here is a learning experience whether it´s learning a new Spanish word, trying new food, or being able to see the traditional Mayan clothing.


Four hours of one on one Spanish class might sound a little crazy to you, but I love my classes and I actually get to put my Spanish to good use when shopping, teaching, or practicing.


One thing that I´ve learned so far was to expect the unexpected. If it´s the weather, going on new adventures during field trips, or even making new friends even when I thought I wouldn't. I´m having so much fun pushing myself to try new things and also enjoy myself.

No hay comentarios.: