domingo, 19 de junio de 2016

Getting off the Plane by Lucy

As soon as we stepped off the airplane, we were greeeted with an incredible amount of heat, and I could tell we were not in United States anymore. As we exited the airport, I saw a sea of people dressed in bright colors and traditional clothing. We passed through the sea of people to make our way to our bus, which seemed familiar - like a school bus from America - but when we got inside, music videos were being projected from a TV at the front of the bus. We started to drive - leaving Guatemala City to go to Antigua. I sat, staring out the window at the colorful houses, the mountains in the background, and the billboard signs. What surprised me the most, were the American billboard signs - we saw McDonald´s, Papa Johns, and more - it was like a little reminder of home. We finally arrived in Antigua, and the bus pulled over by the old church. From there we were driven to homestay families, and I looked out the window documenting the differences between Boston, Massachusetts and Antigua. The houses were all one story and bright colors, and from every place you could see beautiful mountains and volcanoes in the background. As we finally pulled up to our homestay house, my stomach was filled with butterflies because Junior Journey finally felt real, and I knew I was about to start a new journery in my life.

No hay comentarios.: