sábado, 11 de junio de 2016

Experiencing a new Medjie by Medjie

Today we went somewhere called Hermano Pedro, where we were informed about doing community service. For the community service project we were supposed to be planting trees so I assumed that we would go to a park or school and plant trees there. Boy was I wrong! I found myself and my fellow Junior Journey friends in a the FOREST! I was fine at first but a little out of my comfort zone while hiking up this mountain but the thing is I have hiked up a mountain before in the states but this time I felt something was different. We each carried 3 trees up to where we were planting them which happened to be under a waterfall. We planted for about hour and I was complaining about wanting to go home then, they announced that we would be hiking up the waterfall. When I tell you I, Medjie Philippe left my body that is facts. I was scared at first then something over came me. I did not care about getting dirty, wet, and I was not scared anymore. I was excited. I went from the back of the group to the front climbing rock by rock and almost falling SO MANY times but I felt adventurous. I felt good being able to say I successfully hiked up there. I literally saw myself through a whole lens. I saw a fun adventurous Medjie who was confident and ready to take risks. After that situation I have come to the conclusion that the Medjie I saw today is the Medjie I want to see in the world everyday of my life.

No hay comentarios.: