sábado, 11 de junio de 2016

DAY 5 by Van Baillard

I had only been 5 days in Antigua, Guatemala and everything was so exciting. Landing in a new country, meeting my host parents, eating some of the local food, seeing the kids and already knowing which student would be my favorite, We even played soccer while it was pouring rain outside but that changed on day 5. That day I woke up with a major stomach ache and not wanting to do anything but stay in my bed. When it was about 30 minutes before we left to wait for the bus that brought us to the school that we were teaching at, one of my roomates called Mr. Martinez and he came right away. I told him about my stomache ache and he told me that I should stay home and rest. As they left and as I rested alone in my room, I thought to myself "Man this sucks why do I have to get sick". I wanted to go home back to my house with my actual family. I was starting to miss them but when I was feeling better and was able to go to the night activity we had that night I relized that I didnt wanna go home just yet. I was happy and getting sick shouldn't stop me from missing out on all the fun that was being prepaid for us. I'm glad that I stayed because I would have missed out from many interesting activities.

1 comentario:

Unknown dijo...

Van, we miss you here too, but I know that you will soon be having fun, and then you'll miss Guatemala the moment you are back! Hope you are feeling better now!
Love,
Ms. Shao