lunes, 13 de junio de 2016

Lake by Sam Goldstein-McGowan

As we get off the bus at a small market we were all truly amazed by the sight we saw.  A beautiful lake with clouds above it were on the horizon.  The sun was rising and and everyone ran out to take pictures.  I didn´t expect the view to be so beautiful.  After we all took some photos we were back on the bus and the next thing I knew were walking towards the lake.  As we get onto the boat, the view was just as beautiful as I imagined it would be from afar.  The deep blue water and a slight breeze.  While on the boat, the people who didn´t know how to swim were all talking about how they weren´t going to swim, not even try.  Next thing you know people are diving off the side of a ledge and the people who said they would refuse to swim were in the water like everyone else.  I helped some people with how to keep themselves afloat, and for a bit we were all just there in the water helping each other and laughing and having fun.  Many people conquered their fears, but I guess that´s what Guatemala has done to us.  We expect something to come out a certain way but it actually turned out completeñy different.  If you told me that I would feel comfortable talking to kids only in Spanish and try to teach them English, I´d think you were crazy, but just like the lake, it turned out very differently then how anyone expected it to go.  And I think I like the way it turned out.

No hay comentarios.: