sábado, 11 de junio de 2016

Lost Keys by Benjamin Bergman

Friday, 6/10/16
Antigua, Guatemala

While we were eating lunch, I noticed that Alex and Van had been missing for a while. I asked Cristina, "¿debo llamarlos?", and she said, "sí". After climbing the stone stairs, I found Alex pacing the hallway. He seemed anxious, so I asked him, "What happened?". As he told me, I couldn't contain my laughter at the absurdity of the situation. He had locked his key in his room (behind a giant metal door), and then while taking a shower also locked the spare key in his room. I went down to tell Cristina about the problem, and she replied that they had no extra keys. Alex's room, like the rest of ours, is on the second floor. The only other entrance to his room is a window facing the street. Romeo borrowed a ladder from next door, and I went downstairs to help him position it. I soon realized that climbing the ladder was not an option for Romeo because of his health. Without hesitation, I ascended the ladder to Alex's window. I boosted myself into the open window and triumphantly let Alex into his room. Afterwards, we finished lunch.

1 comentario:

Unknown dijo...

Benji, you saved the day! I'm surprised you didn't remember my advice about Alex. ;) One question: so where was Van??
Love,
Ms. Shao