martes, 16 de junio de 2015

First Day Teaching


The first day we taught was on Friday and it was a few days into the trip. I wasn´t able to have my first class because they had an assembly which I assumed was about us coming in. At that time I was talking with Ms. Bello about what words I should use and making sure I had all of my supplies. My next class was at 11:00am so I was able to have a lot of time to prepare since we came around 8:20. I was nervous because I felt that they wouldn´t listen to me and it would be hard to get their attention. When I got to the classroom with my teaching partner, a few kids crowded us and were very welcoming. I made a mistake at first by talking in English and said ¨"Today," but after awhile I got better. One thing that surprised me was that the kids knew a bit of what we were teaching, which was colors. However, they still did not know how to spell them. Overall, the class was good behavior wise. That made things a lot easier because they were actually willingly to listen.  I was sick for the first day with our second section and from what my teaching partner told me, the kids were rowdy. I was finally able to meet them the next day. They were a bit more harder to handle than the other class, but I still did not find it completely terrible.
 Now it has been two weeks since we have been here and teaching has been fine for me. We are now wrapping up our lessons for the kids as they will present what they learned from us on Friday. The kids know all the colors in English now and it is really nice to know that they are actually learning. I really liked the kids and it was nice to get to know them. Hopefully, the presentation ceremony goes well.

No hay comentarios.: