martes, 16 de junio de 2015

Wow, really in Guatemala !!

Arriving in Guatemala was not at all what I expected. Only a few moments had passed, probably not even an hour, when I realized how similar it was to El Salvador. A lot of the same smells came rushing to me. Many of the same emotions filled me up. I know that it is only a country over, but it´s crazy how much it felt like home. That feeling of being at home in a place where you´ve never been is actually pretty amazing.

Another week has passed and I realized that it is actually very different from El Salvador. Guatemala has way more culture of it's own than my own country does. It is an important thing to keep a culture alive and that is why I have enjoyed experiencing as much as I can. I have loved learning about all of the Guatemalan traditions. So far I have learned about the tipical foods (mostly made of corn), I was able to take part in a traditional wedding, experience some of the holidays, and see how Mayan traditions are still alive. I hope to learn more about this beautiful country.

No hay comentarios.: