martes, 16 de junio de 2015

Checking In From Guate.
Today is June 16th. Its been exactly 2 weeks in Guatemala. So far this trip has been interesting to say the least. I have experienced all highs and no lows. Everyone here is happy and love to have fun even though the country is poor. People who have been to Guatemala in the past usually say that it was eye opening because in the U.S. we have more compared to them. I agree with that, but I think this trip made me realize that people here can stay happy knowing that they do not have as many things as we do in America. Every weekday I inspire kids in San Pedro by teaching third graders English. I feel proud for moments like this because I am teaching them something they enjoy. The kids are also smarter than I thought. A student I met named Jose could speak really good English. It impressed me a lot. After the teaching days, I go learn Spanish with a mentor. My mentor is really fun to learn Spanish with. He is outgoing and enthusiastic. I believe I have the best teacher in Sevilla compared to the other students. I have really enjoyed my time here thus far and will tell everyone back home everything about this trip. 

No hay comentarios.: