martes, 16 de junio de 2015

Guatemala, how great it has been...

During the first few days, in the back of my mind, I was still processing that I was really here in Guatemala. I was not able to sleep much but everything here reminded me of El Salvador. The minute we left the airport, I was only having memories. It is such a beautiful country and I am so happy to be having this experience and not only am I teaching first graders but I am also getting the help I need to improve my Spanish skills in general. Many people say that I speak Spanish well but the minute my Spanish teacher asked me what I thought I needed help with I knew what to say. I believe that this trip has impacted me in many ways already, seeing my kids who I teach, hug me when they see me and saying "Buenos Dias Seño. ¿Como esta usted? ". It melts my heart. My teaching partner Lucy is loveable of course and for the first couple of days the kids would stare at her prosthetic leg and I would have to translate for  her and say her whole situation and how they did not need to worry. These children have taught me to appreciate everything that I have and even though I am leaving in a week already, they will have my heart. Now that I have been here for 2 weeks, I can say that I have experienced many different things that have changed either my thoughts or me in general. I have been able to finally say that I am ready to be on my own and this is only the start of my big journey in life.
Andrea M.

No hay comentarios.: