domingo, 7 de junio de 2015

WE ARE ACTUALLY IN GUATEMALA.......

Its only been 6 days and the pressure is real. Being here opened my eyes and made me realize that we are not in America anymore. Guatemala is so different from America, your actually walking and living in history. Everything they have here is still the same as it was long time ago. It was so hard to adjust to not having wifi, cable, my computer, and unlimited access to my refridgerator. IM COMPLETELY HOME SICK!!

BUT my home stay family is amazing! Their culture is very interesting. For example, eating together as a family is not something I do in America with my family and im starting to love it. Just being able to sit down and talk about our day (EVEN THOUGH THERE IS A LANGUAGE BARRIER). Everyone is so friendly and sweet plus our abuela is a good cook like we never eat anything twice.

Our 4 hour Spanish class can be very exhausting but I actually feel like I am learning to speak Spanish. Its even been helping me with talking to my host family. My teacher is great. She`s makes all our lessons fun plus I make her laugh. SHES A GREAT TEACHER.

Lastly, I really feel like I am bonding with the kids on this trip and I never realized how funny and great they are. Especially the people I dont really talk to at school. Even though I am enjoying myself here I still miss my family back home

Karenah Harewood

No hay comentarios.: