domingo, 7 de junio de 2015

Be good to me, Guatemala!

This trip is REAL. Even though it´s in its early stages, this trip has really started to transform me as a person. We are on day 6. Day 6 of living in a new environment. Day 6 of eating completely different food. Day 6 of no wifi (like really no wifi). Day 6 of no family. I have little to no distractions which leaves a lot of time for me to think about everything and everyone I love and care about back in the States. I think I´ve already cried 3 times from the mere thought of hearing my family´s voice again. I´m extremely home sick but it´s so early. I´ve already grown to be so appreciative of the little things that I have back home even small things like water. I feel like I have nothing more but new experiences and lessons to learn and I´m eager to continue on here. Hopefully, I become less home sick and really let myself enjoy the rest of the trip. So far, we´ve seen so many different things like the dust carpets in Patzun and the little children at the school we teach at in San Pedro. We have so many more things to see and so much more time here. I´m honestly excited even though it´s still hard to believe I´m so far away. Be good to me, Guatemala!

Niah Carvalho

No hay comentarios.: