sábado, 14 de junio de 2014

Wow wow woooww!!!

Hi.Hello. Hola!!
Here. In Antigua. It is SO different!
I absolutely LOVE all the color in Antigua. All the little tiendas and shops make me want to go inside!!
I have discovered BANANA gum!! it is GREAT!! I am defiantly bringing some back to the states!!!
Yet...also find myself missing all the random people in Boston.
I find it scary at night walking to Sevilla for our night activity. I often times shut down because I am so homesick (but people don't know that here).
I miss everyone back home more than I can tell. Sometimes at night when all the comotion of the day is gone and I am muy cansada, i think about everyone still living their lives in Boston. I think about my mother and my little sibling and even BB (my older brother who I USUALLY cannot stand!!). Yet I am also very grateful for getting to know all these people here with me.
Constantly. I think about going back home and having this experience with these people completely erased from our minds. I fear building relationships that can only exist within Guatemala, and then having those security lines breached as soon as we land in Miami again. That feeling is a constant struggle for me and everyday i try to forget it and live in Guatemala.
I am afraid of getting to know people here because I am afraid of losing them back in the United States...
The Children here are AWESOME!!! its scary how old some of the kids can be in my class. One of my faviorite students in my 4th grade class are 15!!! This is somehow not so shocking here. It has been a struggle to adjust to the "Guatemala style".
When we got here one of the fourth grade classes did not have a teacher so as a result we were not assigned to their class yet they still needed help. Mr. Lavell (sorry if i spelt his name wrong) decided to take into his own hands the whole class. He decided not to leave them defenseless. With Mr. Lavell and Makeda and Cassandra (my teaching partners) we gave them "English" or at least a little bit of it. That has become my favorite class, however Monday 4c will be no more! I will miss them. To me its crazy how a teacher can be gone for three weeks with no explanation. That mad me very upset the first day teaching.
Well, I guess this is pretty long lo siento!!
Adios!!!

No hay comentarios.: