lunes, 23 de junio de 2014

Guatever

Although I'm writing an entry towards the end of our trip, I have come to realize truly how amazing Guatemala is. I remember arriving in the airport in Guatemala and going through a total culture shock; from the different odor of the air to the fact that little kids sit on the laps of their parents as they are driving. Literally sit in front of them in a vehicle. As of June 23rd, I have felt very comfortable in this city and its an amazing feeling. The overall experience of teaching kids English was also another experience I will never forget. And although we have only taught for about a week or so, receiving the cards from my little ninos has made me realize that maybe it doesn't take so long to create a beautiful bond. I loved teaching one fourth grade class in particular, and with the amount of exposure I have had teaching kids, 4C has to be my favorite class I have taught. When Casandra, Sara, and I entered the class the first day, attempting to teach a class that hasn't had a teacher in three weeks, we looked pretty stupid. However after a couple of days and with the guidance of Mr.Lavelle, it was rather easy to get them quiet and begin teaching them vocabulary. I'm glad they came around because that class is literally filled with the smartest kids, its crazy. Its also crazy to think that in 3 weeks, you can learn so much about yourself, your interests, and other people around you. I also remember the very first night where I began counting down the days because I wanted to leave so badly, and now here I am with three days left wanting to smack myself for even saying that I wanted to leave. Its slightly crazy to think that the same kids you have been going to school with and complaining about homework with are the same people that you will really never forget because of this experience. I am beyond grateful to have met so many people here, and most of all to have established a friendship with my Sevilla teacher; Carlita. I am beyond grateful to have made so many memories here as well. For the most part, I have come to realize that I am beyond grateful for every single part of this trip, however I am not grateful for the nasty cold I got and my instances on the toilet... Woops. #Guate2014
Adios!
-Maki

No hay comentarios.: