sábado, 14 de junio de 2014

Life in Guatemala has been great so far. Completely different from life back home, although sometimes I forget I'm in another country. Being here has taught me a lot, and allowed me to look at things differently. I've learned to appreciate things a lot more. Not having internet access really opened my eyes to how fun cards can be, and how conversation has much more value than I thought. ConstruCasa is amazing as well. The first couple days were the most manual labor I have ever done, and as days went on the actual construction was left to Luis and Oscar, two wonderful, patient and hardworking guys. I love how much healthier I am eating here. Back home I never would have thought that I would be eating this many vegetables and fruits. It really hits me that I am in a third world country when I find things like catching rain drops and throwing rocks in holes fun. I usually can resort to my phone or computer, but here my imagination expands due to my limitations on resources. It's ok though, I actually enjoy this feeling and am happy that I am able to experience this. If I were to write all my thoughts, experiences and feelings, I would be here all day. Hopefully I am able to lose some weight by the time I get home. Until next time.

-Uriel


No hay comentarios.: