sábado, 14 de junio de 2014

So far, my experiences in Guatemala have been largely positive. I have formed a great relationship with my Spanish tutor here, Elvia, and I have greatly improved my Spanish skills. I have participated in another way of life. However, my time here has also included three of the worst days of my life. It began with an upset stomach. This developed into a serious stomach sickness, and eventually into a fever of 102. I spent the next three days shivering under five blankets, alone in my room, while everyone else did whatever incredibly fun things they were doing. The fever was so bad that I began to get delirious. I believed that I was the last person alive on earth, and that I was also a ghost. To determine once and for all if this was true, I decided to hop in the shower, and see if the water passed through my body (makes sense right?). Anyway, that's how I ended up standing in the shower, fully clothed, with my shoes on. Thankfully I have since recovered my health and sanity. I'm having a great time, and I am freshly thankful for every healthy, able bodied moment.

No hay comentarios.: