sábado, 14 de junio de 2014

...

       My ninth day in Guatemala and I can barely rember what happened yesterday. Like I`ve seen and done so much already! But like I love my third graders! They´re so SMART! Like Gladys is like an inborn leader... and Angel Luiz is sooo curious! Everyday I come to class he asks me how to say "salchichas" in english. Why even are sausages so important to him?? lol...And Fatima is sooo poised and ready to do work whenever me and Lowre come in to teach! AND Andy is Uber(Yes Uber) Intelligent. This kid could be president of Guatemala! Plus there´s this random kid that sits in the back and he always pretends to die.... (I try not to question him lol) He gives me that innovater vibe. It just sucks that with the lack of resources and opportunities, their potential can´t be seen by the rest of the world. These kids are thirsty for knowledge....
       But on another note I got a cold because of my suckish immune system. Like I can´t deal. But my "Mom" gave me tea. Like I might have to start calling her Mommy because she actually acts like my mother. This lady can COOK! Like YAAASSS! FRIJOLES GAME TOO STRONG! I añso have two brothers... one´s 17 and one´s 15....but they don´t talk to us... Their mom said it´s out of "respect." But at least I sort of have brothers...I`ve never had any.
      On the plus side... My stomach is still stable. Hopefully that lasts for the rest of the trip.

-Nellie :)

No hay comentarios.: