sábado, 14 de junio de 2014

Nine Days In Guatemala

   After my first nine days in Guatemala I have fallen in love with Antigua. Travelling to Guatemala for my third time is completely different than the past two times with my family. Nine days ago I was not incredibly close with most of my classmates here, but living with people for 216 hours has changed a lot of things. I have been able to bond with a lot of people that I thought I would never have gotten along with. As far as immersion goes, I can no longer speak english correctly. After spending atleast eight hours a day speaking in spanish, I quickly make mistakes when I switch back to English. I love my home stay family, my teacher at Sevilla, and of course my 6th graders at San Pedro. Everyone here is so much happier, although they have so much less, it is amazing to witness coming from a country with a culuture of mental health issues and constant complaining. I can't wait to see more of the country and I'm sure it will be great!

No hay comentarios.: