sábado, 14 de junio de 2014

First Post

Guatemala is not what I expected. There's tons of stray, starving dogs that we aren't allowed to feed. Haggling is exciting and stressful at the same time. People here are so different than in Massachusetts. When walking down the street, people actually say hi and smile. The only detraction to this is that everyone walks extremely slow. I love all the color and character in Antigua - the fabrics, houses, tiendas. Stuff here is so cheap - I love it. Except that everything I love to eat is gone. There's rarely any milk here, and when there is it's either powdered or goat's. I really like my teacher at Sevilla and my students at San Pedro. All my second graders actually seem to like me. Anyways, I gotta go and sleep (this trip is extremely exhausting). Bye.

No hay comentarios.: