sábado, 24 de mayo de 2008

Volcano!

so we just got back from climbing a volcano. it so cool! it was definitely one of the scarest things of my life. as we were walking up the volcano at first the ground was dirt and most of us were confident that we could make it the whole way without getting a taxi (a taxi on a volcano is a horse) but Lelly and Alex couldn´t. I´ll let Lelly tell that adventure.
as we walked up the dirt part each step becasme harder, dogging horse poop, breathing heavy, swatting bugs, and walking up hill but it was kind of fun. as one of us would slip the rest of us would make sure they didn´t while laughing and trying to doge horse poop or the ocassionally peeing horse.
once we got to the volcano part things becasme very difficult expically for me. It was SO SCARY!!!! we were walking on volcano ashes that were rocks and some wigggled and others were hallow. Mr. O´donnel and Ms. Bowman helped me alot on the way there. Once we got to the part of the volcano that had lava coming out of it we had marshmallows which were so good.
After the marshmallows Eddie burnt his junior journey shirt which was really cool.
Then Gabe helped me alot towards the begining of the way back. I was scared that I was going to fall threw the rocks but clearly I didn´t. Today made us remember project adventure when we had to pep talk eachother climbing up the ladder thingy. I wont ever climb another volcano but it was definetly an experiance i would recomend.

No hay comentarios.: