jueves, 29 de mayo de 2008

about to leave

The trip has been amazing. Though I´m glad to be going home tomorrow, and even though we´ve had our ups and downs, these three weeks have been really really unbelievable, and I will never forget all of the things we´ve done here in Guatemala. Today we said goodbye to the kids, which was really hard to watch. They went from really happy, dancing, smashing the piñatas, to crying and hugging...If anything, that is a sign that we have made a difference in their lives, and hopefully they, like us, will never forget these three weeks.

It´s going to be weird going home too, I´m going to have to re-adjust to my life in America, the culture, food, etc.

I´m really glad I went on this trip, it´s opened up another part of the world to my eyes, a part that until now I knew little about. I´ve also grown a little stonger with speaking spanish, and I think I´ve learned a lot here, much of what I´ve learned I have to thank my wonderful teacher Cristy for.

If all goes well, and Junior Journey continues strong next year, I wish the upcoming juniors the best of luck!

No hay comentarios.: